Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Relay For Life: Christmas In July

After losing and almost losing many of loved ones to that horrible thing called Cancer, my family and I made a Relay For Life team this year in honor of my father, Steve Thurston. The theme was Christmas in July and let me tell you, with the sweat rolling down my face, it felt nothing like Christmas. Here are a few snapshots from my day.
I felt so honored and blessed to be able to see my beautiful grandmother walking her Survivor lap. She was the last one around but she never gave up and everyone clapped for her until she walked through the arch at the end. It was one of the most magical moments of my life. I've never felt something so powerful.
To my father, I love you and I miss you so much. I hope you're proud of what we've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment