Friday, July 27, 2012

FACIAL SCRUB: FIVE WAYS

I will admit, I am a skin care fanatic. I am always looking for new things to help get rid of my stubborn teenage acne. One thing I've learned over the years is that sometimes, it's not the acne or blemishes, but the complexion. My skin tone especially, is extremely uneven. Sometimes it looks great, and sometimes I have flaky white stuff everywhere, and sometimes I have red blotches on my cheeks. Regardless, makeup doesn't always cover it up. I've also learned that facial scrubs are a great way to tone your face and get it smooth and beautiful. Here are five of my favorite facial scrub recipes.
Number One: This is simply green tea (any kind will do, however, I like getting a kind that smells good), and water. To Use: Cut open the tea bag and put the loose tea in a bowl. Stir in a little bit of water until it is just wet enough to rub on your face. Another variation of this is to steep the tea in cold water and then rub the wet bag all over your face.
Number Two: This one is my all-time favorite. All you need is unused coffee grinds and a little bit of honey. To Use: Pour a tablespoon of coffee into a bowl. Mix in enough honey to make a scrub. Rub on your face. This hurts a little because the coffee is so rough on your skin but it's totally worth it.
Number Three: This one includes two cups of sugar, one raw egg, a tablespoon of honey, and two tablespoons of olive oil. To Use: Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl, rub on face.
Number Four: This is great to use during a bad breakout. Oatmeal is a great anti-inflamatory and it will immediately reduce redness and dry up any pimples. All you need is dry oats and water. To Use: Grab a handful of oats and squeeze it in the palm of your hand. Run your hand under warm water until the oats are wet. Rub on face and let sit for five minutes.
Number Five: This scrub is great because it can double as a full body scrub, and it smells amazing. All you need is brown sugar and honey. To Use: Mix a cup of brown sugar with enough honey to make a scrub. Rub on face.

No comments:

Post a Comment