Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Liebster Award

The Liebster Award

Kara from Nest Candy has tagged me in this post. I was really excited because I honestly thought that no one had ever read my blog. What a pleasant surprise (:

Description
The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

Rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about his/herself
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them you've tagged them.
5. No tag backs.

1. I am an aspiring fashion designer.
2. I'm going into my first year of college.
3. I have an unruly obsession with Urban Outfitters and ModCloth.
4. I love baking. But I hate when people eat the stuff I make.
5. I put salt and pepper on everything.
6. I love doing laundry.
7. I watch too many TV series, and usually cry on the season finale.
8. I love tea. Any kind, but especially Chai Spice.
9. I make lists for everything, but I never follow them.
10. I could spend all of my time on my computer without any problem.
11. I haven't figured out how to do basic algebra yet.

Questions from Kara
(Kara from Nest Candy)

1. What is your go-to confidence boosting outfit?
I would have to say any dress with a pair of black tights and heels. That is like my signature look and I always feel good when I'm wearing it.



2. What kind of books or magazines do you like to read?
My favorite magazines are Elle and Spin. I know, they're completely different. But they both suit my interests in such a good way. When I'm concerned about the fashion world, I read Elle. When I'm looking for new music, I read Spin. I don't really have a favorite kind of book. But I will admit to judging books by their covers. If the book has a good, lively cover, I'm more likely to pick it up and read it.


3. What is your favorite type of craft? (ex. sewing, collaging, mixed media)
Sewing, although my sewing machine is currently broken and I haven't been able to post any tutorials on this blog, that will change once I start school. I will be making tons of stuff for you guys to see. 

4. What's your favorite season / time of the year?
My favorite season is Fall. Mostly because my birthday is in the Fall, but also because I love Fall and Winter clothes so much. I love layering and wearing tights and boots. 

5. How would you describe your design style?
I would describe my design style as very old-fashioned. I love the look of old floral patterns and rustic metal. It reminds me of a good point in my life and it's something that I never want to let go of.

6. Where did you last go on vacation?
I went to Michigan last summer to visit my grandparents. They have a cabin up north and there is literally nothing like it. I can't help but feel so peaceful when I'm there. The best part is that my grandma lets me sleep in until noon and then still makes me breakfast.

7. Where do you get most of your recipes? (ex. books, magazines, internet, pinterest)
I alter a lot of the recipes that I use. Either to make them more healthy, or more exciting. I get most of my recipes from my moms cook books, and some from pinterest. 

8. What is your favorite clothing store?
I've always had a really hard time answering this question. I would honestly have to say JCPenny's. My JCPenny's has my favorite clothing brand, MNG by MANGO, and looking at my closet, that's where I get about 75% of my clothing. No shame (:


9. Do you workout at home, in a gymn, in a class...etc.?
I work out at my town's country club. But once school starts I'll work out at the Recreation Center. Which is brand new by the way. Go Bears!

10. What are some of your favorite blogs to read?
My favorite blogs are A Beautiful Mess,  Blonde Bedhead, and Atlantic-Pacific.



11. What are some of your blogging goals?
My blogging goals are to just have a place to share my thoughts with anyone who is willing to read them. I haven't completely decided what kind of blog I want this to be. There are so many different ideas and I wish I could share them all, but I cant.

My questions for you.

1. What are your ambitions as far as work is concerned?
2. What are your pet peeves?
3. What do you like most about living in the present times?
4. How do you spend your weekends?
5. What hair style or outfit really suits you?
6. If you could play a part in any movie, what would it be?
7. What is your favorite memory from your past?
8. When upset, what do you usually do to make yourself feel better?
9. If you were granted three wishes, what would you use them on?
10. What are three things you can't live without?
11. What was the scariest moment of your life?

1 comment: