Monday, May 14, 2012

Do you love poppy seeds as much as I do? I am absolutely in love with anything poppy seed. Poppy seed muffins... and I was so excited to try something new with them. I tried these lemon poppy seed crisps for my older sister's party and everyone including myself was beyond pleased. I can't wait to try make them again. 


Ingredients
3/4 cup of all-purpose flour flour
1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
1/4 cup of sugar
3 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon of grated lemon zest
1 pinch of salt

Step One: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Step Two: Whisk together flour and poppy seeds in small bowl.
Step Three: With electric mixer on medium speed, beat sugar, butter, lemon zest, and salt in large bowl until light and fluffy. Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture, beating just until blended. Shape dough into ball and cut in half. Shape each piece of dough into disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes or up to several hours.
Step Four: Roll one piece of dough between two sheets of wax paper into seven inch round. With fluted pastry wheel or pizza cutter (I used a pizza cutter), cut dough round into 16 wedges. With spatula, place wedges, 1 inch apart, on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining piece of dough.
Step Five: Bake until cookies are golden, 10-12 minutes, rotating baking sheet after five minutes. Let cool on baking sheet on wire rack for five minutes. With spatula, transfer cookies to rack and let cool completely.

Hope you enjoy these as much as my family and I did! xoxo. leesha

No comments:

Post a Comment